2. Links to Non-KloudStor Websites and Third Parties
3. Collection, Use, and Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect business contact information (including names, job titles, company affiliation, mailing address, email address, and phone numbers) from individual representatives of our corporate customers, suppliers, and other business partners in order to complete our product sales and support and customer service obligations and in connection with our marketing activities. We collect web browsing information from website visitors as well as information they enter into registration and communication forms.
The web browsing information we collect includes statistical information such as the pages visited on our sites, unique URLs visited within our sites, the domains from which people visit our sites, browser type, and IP address. Most of this information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies, such as Google Analytics. We may use the cookies to identify your computer.
KloudStor requires the collection and use of your information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with a better service. More specifically, we collect and use your information to:
- Manage our relationship with our corporate customers, suppliers and other business partners, including in connection with the existing or future use or provision of products, services and support;
- Improve and develop products, services and support including through quality control, research and data analysis activities;
- Communicate about our products, services or support, including with marketing communications, contests and surveys;
- Communicate with website visitors;
- Measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads, and our sites;
- Assess and improve the performance and operation of our sites and personalize our sites;
- Provide you with access to protected areas of our sites;
- Protect as necessary against security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- Share with our suppliers, service providers and other business partners where necessary;
- Maintain internal records;
- Process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- Comply with applicable laws, as required.
These uses of your personal information are based on one of the following legal bases, as applicable:
- The need to process your personal information for contract performance or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- KloudStor’s legal obligations;
- KloudStor’s legitimate business interests, including operating our business properly, marketing and improving our services, protecting against fraud and other liabilities, ensuring compliance and our ability to assert legal defenses, maintaining the security of our networks and systems, and protecting our assets; and in some specific circumstances, your consent.
We do not and will not sell or rent personal information, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. We do not share personal information with non-affiliated companies except that we may disclose such information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose such as the following:
- To our agents, suppliers and/or service providers who need to access such information to carry out work on our behalf, including in connection with our services, support or products. These companies may be in the United States or in other parts of the world.
- To our agents and/or services providers in connection with your application for a position with us.
- During negotiations or as the result of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- To our current and future affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- In situations involving violations of our terms and conditions posted on our sites, potential risks to the physical safety of any person, where we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud or illegal activities, or as otherwise required by law.
- In response to a request for information when disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or process, including in response to requests by public authorities responsible for public safety, law enforcement, and national security.
- For other purposes disclosed at the time of collection, when we have the individual’s permission, when the individual requests that we share this information, or when required by law.
We may share aggregate or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual.
4. Information Retention
We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law. Our retention policies reflect applicable statute of limitation periods, financial reporting and recordkeeping regulations, and other legal requirements.
We are committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, we have in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Of course, there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet. Emails you send us are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us. If your communication is sensitive or includes highly confidential information, you may want to provide it via a different method.
6. Cookies, Pixels, and Other Online Tracking Methods
In the process of browsing our sites, some information is collected automatically and may include your internet address and the number and frequency of visits to the sites. This generic information does not identify the visitor but is used to help us improve the services offered through our sites.
When you view our sites or advertisements, we might store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive—not on our sites—to help you navigate a website as easily as possible. Cookies may uniquely identify your browser or your account, but they do not necessarily identify you personally. Cookies can also be used to help store personal information; for example, where you ask us to “remember” you or keep you logged in. Cookies can help us to better understand how users use our sites, which in turn helps us focus our resources on features that are more popular with our users. If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our sites, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies. If your browser permits, you can refuse a cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence or generally refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser; but some parts of our sites, including the portion that is targeted for our registered customers, may not work properly in that case. You can delete cookies from your browser; however, that means that any settings or preferences managed by those cookies will also be deleted and you may need to recreate them. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
On many of the pages of our site you will see buttons that link to KloudStor’s social media pages. Implementing these buttons requires the use of scripts from sites that KloudStor does not control. You should be aware that these sites may be collecting information about what you are doing all around the Internet, including on KloudStor’s site. If you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases, if you are logged into their services (like Google and Facebook), these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting KloudStor, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the related button. You should check the privacy policies for of each of these sites to understand how they use your information and how you can make changes.
We may also use a number of external web services on our website, mostly to display content within our web pages. As with the social media buttons, we cannot prevent these external sites from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content.
Some emails that we send you, such as personal correspondence or emails with invoices attached, do not use tracking mechanisms. However, other emails we send might include tracking mechanisms so that we can identify how much traffic those emails send to our site as well as whether an individual user has opened and clicked on the email. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, please unsubscribe from KloudStor newsletters and marketing correspondence.
7. Your Choices and Rights
Providing us with your personal information is optional, but it will impact the service that we can provide to you. When you complete forms on our website, you may also choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by looking for checkboxes to indicate whether or not you want the information to be used by KloudStor or our third-party affiliates for direct marketing purposes.
In some locations, you have the right to request access to, correction of, restriction of, and deletion of your personal information, subject to certain limitations. You also have the right to request that we transmit to you or to another controller your personal information that you have provided to us for a contract or with your consent.
9. Contact Us
The material on our site is given for information only and does not constitute technical or legal advice. You must take all precautions appropriate to ensure your own Internet safety.